Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Brittannia dual fuel range cooker. The fan is

Customer Question

Hi I have a Brittannia dual fuel range cooker. The fan is working but the oven wont heat up. I have changed the element today but still not working
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: All lights are working and the small oven works, just no heat from the main fan oven
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

When you turn the main oven thermostat on does the little light on the control panel come on?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok if that light comes on then the main oven thermostat is fine.

So in this case its more then likely the thermal cut out at fault here.

For this what you need to do is pull the oven out and remove the back panel.

From there look on the back of the oven and just check the wiring is on the fan element correctly. As if you replaced the eleemnt from the inside of the oven then you could have pulled a wire off and not noticed.

But if the wires are on the fan element correctly then locate the thermal cut out. It will have 2 wires going to and is about the size of a 10p You need to check this with a multi meter and see if faulty. If so then you need to replace it.

So check the wiring at the back and the thermal cut out and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I see the question is still open, Do you still need help on this?

If so just get back to me but if not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks