Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Was checking the forum before bothering you. I have a biult

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. Was checking the forum before bothering you. I have a biult in Sid by Side Monogram stainless Steel fridge/freezer. The fridge keeps freezing up at the bottom - behind the vegetable drawers. Why - Hoe to Fix and how to prevent please??
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Hi Pearl. I was browsing the forum before bothering you. I have a GE Monogram - built in Side by Side Fridge/ freezer. The fridge keeps freezing up behind the vegetable doors - even on a low setting. How do I prevent, cure and fix this problem please?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the model number of your monagram please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ZIRS36NMRH/ 36"
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK copy and paste the following link into your browser - http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-part/zirs36nmhrh/0432/0167100/g7090658/00002.html -- this gives you a diagram of the cabinet and its associated parts, you have to remove part number 6577 the evaporator cover, behind it item 5005 is the evaporator trough, likely the hole in the centre of the trough is blocked with ice and will need cleaning out. Hot water and towels usually work. Once that is done you should be OK, if not then come back to me and we can have a look at the defrost system.