UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a Hotpoint slimline DC27 dishwasher that powers up

Customer Question
but wont start.2 Lights are...
I have a Hotpoint slimline DC27 dishwasher that powers up but wont start.2 Lights are flashing for pre wash and run,(the first 2 lights from the left)Is this a communication error code?Can this fault be narrowed down to a specific part to replace?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I dont think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
6/2/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco

Just checking the manual - Ian

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK 1+2 flashing can be a communications error but it can also be a drain time exceeded fault too. First thing to do is reset then pour a kettle full of hot water into the sump/filter area. Leave for about three minutes and then see if you can get the pump to pump out by starting a program. Come back to me with your results - Ian

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK will doIll come back to you in a bit thanks
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK I'm around

UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

I assume as I havent heard back from you that has rectified your problem. If so would you kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a great day - Ian

UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK stick to this question for the minute - Im going to try and shut the other one down give me a moment.

UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK can you confirm that the appliance pumped the hot water down the drain?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Ian
Any other advise?
Thanks
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

Did it pump out the hot water?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No it didnot
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK first thing to do is get the base off and check that the pump isn't jammed with a piece of glass, crockery or bone. If you follow the grey corrigated drain hose it takes you straight to the pump which looks like this ~~ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hotpoint-Slimline-Dishwasher-DC27-Genuine-Drain-Pump-Waste-Water-Pump-C00090537-/161696787887 ~~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

I cant call you at the moment as I'm at work but if you are around later I can give you a call say at 2 pm?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No problem
Ill check for blockage as per your advice and let you know
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ian I had to abandon the repair due to the time it was taking
I bought a new one instead
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK no worries

bonzaco
bonzaco
bonzaco