Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I defrosted my fridge/freezer & since then temperature goes

Customer Question

I defrosted my fridge/freezer & since then temperature goes up & down & all food defrosted.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It's a frost free one but became very full of ice so I couldn't shut the door so manually defrosted it few days ago. Since then won't freeze propetly. Doi need to reset thermostat......I 've pulled it out but can't figure out how to do.
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No....how do I reset?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I suspect there may still be frost behind the panel in the freezer that is blocking air flow. Did you remove that panel?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi can I still get help with my fridge/freezer? I haven't had time to try any solution yet as at work all day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hoover model HQY 12AA