Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Miele Premier Novo W842 washing machine and it

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a Miele Premier Novo W842 washing machine and it recently (during a spin cycle) gave a large bang and stopped spinning. The rinses light indicator flashes continuously and the drum doesn't rotate in any mode. I have already check the drive belt which is fine and I pulled the motor off and checked the the brushes which while not great still have 20mm of carbon left on both sides. I also checked the circuits behind the motor control board for any signs of burnt/blown sections and there were none. The machine is 20+ years old but has been running very well and given great service in all its years with virtually no mechanical or electrical issues. I would like to try and repairs it or have it repaired but obviously do not want to throw good money after a bad item. Can you advise or help in any way. Thanks Dennis
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Only that all other functions appear to be working, filling, heating, draining etc.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I suspect the motor likely shorted inside. Did you see any issues upon inspection, like arc marks or smell any odor? Is the motor noisy when you manually turn it?