UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a Miele Premier Novo W842 washing machine and it

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I have...
Hi Pearl, I have a Miele Premier Novo W842 washing machine and it recently (during a spin cycle) gave a large bang and stopped spinning. The rinses light indicator flashes continuously and the drum doesn't rotate in any mode. I have already check the drive belt which is fine and I pulled the motor off and checked the the brushes which while not great still have 20mm of carbon left on both sides. I also checked the circuits behind the motor control board for any signs of burnt/blown sections and there were none. The machine is 20+ years old but has been running very well and given great service in all its years with virtually no mechanical or electrical issues. I would like to try and repairs it or have it repaired but obviously do not want to throw good money after a bad item. Can you advise or help in any way. Thanks Dennis
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Only that all other functions appear to be working, filling, heating, draining etc.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
5/31/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I suspect the motor likely shorted inside. Did you see any issues upon inspection, like arc marks or smell any odor? Is the motor noisy when you manually turn it?

Kelly, Appliance Technician