UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a candy GOV 580C dryer. The drier isnt heating, and

Customer Question
after a few minutes all...
I have a candy GOV 580C dryer. The drier isnt heating, and after a few minutes all the lights flash. I have bought and fitted a replacement heater but I accidentally ordered a GOC 580C element instead of the GOV. Still no heat, is it the part being wrong or is it something else?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: nope...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
5/18/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** can you give me the product code for you appliance so that I can have a look at the diagrams. Its on the rating label inside the door.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
GOV 580C-80
Type TVE01Like I said it stopped heating up so I ordered a replacement element for it but I misordered and got the one for the GOC580C-80 and it is still no heat. Im not sure now if it was the element in the first place as the exact same situation is happening. It runs for 5 mins then just flashes every light coninuously.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes I got that bit thank you but the details I need are the product code which is 8 numbers in length starting with a 3................

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry on the sticker it said Mode: then what I had already said!Below that is N3110039412390271.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

Do you have access to a multimeter to test out the supplies.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK hang on a moment just got back home, just grabbin a cup of tea and I'll be right with you? However what made you change the heater element in the first place?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The exact same thing was happening. No heat and I cant remember if the lights flashed before or not... I think they did but its hit and miss sometimes it will spin for ages before the lights flash but never heat. So I googled and saw heating element was common and easy to fix so ordered it. Obviously ordered the wrong one but now its still doing the exact same thing I dont know whether its the fact that its the wrong element / heater or whether it was something else all along!
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK thats fine can you set your multimeter on continuity ie when you put the two probes together it beeps.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
multimeter appears to of had it... showing a value of 1(out of range) on every setting! Ill have to try and get another one but Im away all day tomorrow with work. Im assuming were stuck until I get one!
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

Usually means the batteries dead - we can pick it up again tomorrow evening as Im here if you like - if you can get one with a beeper it makes things easier - in the meantime send me your email to - XXXXXXXXXXXX and I'll get you the diagram over just so you can follow what we are doing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ill take it with me tomorrow and get a new battery. If its still dead ill pick up a new one in Dublin.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

OK dont be spending too much we just need on that beeps and can measure up to 250 volts AC

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=multimeter&authToken= ?
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago

Yep that will do the job.

Rob
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician