UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

JA: . How can we be of help? Customer: We have a Hotpoint

Customer Question
Hi, JA: Hi. How can we...
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: We have a Hotpoint Ultima 960 wmd washing machine. It has a leak at the end of the wash cycle.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It comes from under the machine. Is it to do with the drainage pipe?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Just that the online manual mentions three possible causes for a leak. The drainage pip, inlet pipe and the detergent tray being blocked.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
5/16/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Hi Im afraid theres a few more things that can leak inside a washer as well. You have the door seal, drum , waste hose, soap dispenser hose and sump hose. What you need to do is set it going on a wash cycle and push a piece of old news paper under the washer.Pull it out towards the end of the washer and see if theres water leaking on there. If there is then looking at the water marks on the paper you can see roughly what part of the washer its comming from weather its towards the front or back, Left or right. Pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and have someone hold it for you.Then you can lie down under the washer and there you will see the sump hose, Waste hose and the bottom of the drum and door seal. Check there for water marks as you will seee signs of water leaking from there. If thats all ok then open the door and inspect the door seal for any holes or splits. As if theres a hole in there then it will leak under the washer and come out from the bottom. If it looks all clear from the bottom then remove the top and then you can see the dispenser hose from there under the dispenser. Check this is fitted on still and not hanging loose. Check all that first and see what you find as for a leak its more then likely one of the above at fault. So check it out and see what you find and let me know. Regards
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician