Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a hotpoint aqualtis wasing machne. At end of cycle I

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint aqualtis wasing machne. At end of cycle I cannot unlock the door and get error code f6
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Washes normally, but at the end of cycle I cannot open the door and machine keeps trying buts fails to get door to unlock
JA: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I think my wife may have put in the wrong sort of washing powder so that there was too much foam
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
OK F6 is one of the following -a. A fault with the door lockb. A fault with the electric cables to the door lockc. A fault with the main control pcb. Firstly unplug the appliance and then leave it for 10 minutes - then give the door handle end a nudge and see if you can open the door. Check that it still hasnt got water inside. Come back to me with your results