Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have lagan dishwasher. Grease on knives especially not coming

Customer Question

i have lagan dishwasher. Grease on knives especially not coming off. Tablets not fully dissolved. Dishes still wet at end of cycle..
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! This is almost always caused by poor water temperature. I suspect the heater is not working, probably because of a poor solder connection on the main control, the most common cause of no heat (see attached picture). If you open the door mid cycle, is the water hot and steamy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure . I think maybe not so hot no..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whats the best way to fix?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You will need to remove the screws from around the inner door and separate the panels to access the electronic control for replacement. If you are familiar with soldering on those styles of PCBs, you may be able to repair the faulty solder connection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you send me a diagram of this.. You know it's an ikea dw right?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
but will need the complete model number, please.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Is it similar to this one? CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
802.548.75 is article number. Lagan is the model. Don't see any other numbers . Where might it be?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The parts are available from the company at the link below. You will need to phone them for availability. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Whats the part and can you send me an explantion on how to replace?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You will need to contact the company I linked you to above to get the part, it is the PCB control module. Open the door, remove the screws from around the plastic inner door and separate the door panels. The control module is in the upper right corner of the door and will simply unplug and plug in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok can i follow up with you when i do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also i just saw the link from above with picture of dw. It's not quite the same one. My one is called lagan but controls are on top and it's the integrated one.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
you may post back at anytime. The process will be the same, the doors still come apart in two pieces.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so if i need you to assist me when i get the part, it will be part of this dialog/transaction?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sure, there is no time limit at all!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cool
thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly
I am trying to order that part from part master but don't seem to see it there. Its PCB control module ? Right? Can you have a look there. I don't see a number to call them either..
Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The link below will take you to their help form, that may be easier. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.partmaster.co.uk/harness-pcb-heater/product.pl?pid=4159700&query=Ikea+LAGAN
is this it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No, that is the wiring harness between the PCB and the heater. I am not sure why they do not have it listed in their parts list, it may be unavailable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you suggest i do if they do not have the part?
Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You would need to replace the dishwasher if the part is no longer available, preferably with a Bosch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any other place where parts are available. Replacing dw is not really a solution..
Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am not aware of any place that may have that part.