UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have lagan dishwasher. Grease on knives especially not coming

Customer Question
i have lagan dishwasher....
i have lagan dishwasher. Grease on knives especially not coming off. Tablets not fully dissolved. Dishes still wet at end of cycle..
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
5/13/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! This is almost always caused by poor water temperature. I suspect the heater is not working, probably because of a poor solder connection on the main control, the most common cause of no heat (see attached picture). If you open the door mid cycle, is the water hot and steamy?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure . I think maybe not so hot no..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Whats the best way to fix?
You will need to remove the screws from around the inner door and separate the panels to access the electronic control for replacement. If you are familiar with soldering on those styles of PCBs, you may be able to repair the faulty solder connection.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you send me a diagram of this.. You know it's an ikea dw right?
but will need the complete model number, please.
Is it similar to this one? CLICK HERE
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
802.548.75 is article number. Lagan is the model. Don't see any other numbers . Where might it be?
The parts are available from the company at the link below. You will need to phone them for availability. CLICK HERE
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Whats the part and can you send me an explantion on how to replace?
You will need to contact the company I linked you to above to get the part, it is the PCB control module. Open the door, remove the screws from around the plastic inner door and separate the door panels. The control module is in the upper right corner of the door and will simply unplug and plug in.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok can i follow up with you when i do this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also i just saw the link from above with picture of dw. It's not quite the same one. My one is called lagan but controls are on top and it's the integrated one.
you may post back at anytime. The process will be the same, the doors still come apart in two pieces.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok so if i need you to assist me when i get the part, it will be part of this dialog/transaction?
Sure, there is no time limit at all!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
cool
thanks
You bet, thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Kelly
I am trying to order that part from part master but don't seem to see it there. Its PCB control module ? Right? Can you have a look there. I don't see a number to call them either..
Thanks
The link below will take you to their help form, that may be easier. CLICK HERE
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://www.partmaster.co.uk/harness-pcb-heater/product.pl?pid=4159700&query=Ikea+LAGAN
is this it?
No, that is the wiring harness between the PCB and the heater. I am not sure why they do not have it listed in their parts list, it may be unavailable.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what do you suggest i do if they do not have the part?
Thanks
You would need to replace the dishwasher if the part is no longer available, preferably with a Bosch.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there any other place where parts are available. Replacing dw is not really a solution..
Thanks
I am not aware of any place that may have that part.
Kelly, Appliance Technician