UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Hob has stopped working but ovens and grill are fine. A wwk

Customer Question
Hob has stopped working but...
Hob has stopped working but ovens and grill are fine. A wwk oso earlier the cooker blew the main fuse due to aspillage of liquid. A fitter cleaned-up the around the switch regular for the hot plates. Re-installed the hob and everything was fine till we were using three cooker rings at one go and something failed and all power was lost to the hob.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: You probably are aware of this but just in case the cooker/hob is approx 15 years old.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
5/13/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco
Can you give me the make and model number please?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Creda Solar glo model number 48182. However the fitter that did the initial repair wrote Model Number 42355 on the invoice. I had already included this information in my first contact.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
I'm afraid any information that has a link including figures is usually deleted by the software. Let me see if I can find any information on your model - shes quite an old lady.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for that. Given the age of the cooker, would you say it has most likely reached the end of its useful life? As far as appearance goes it is in very good order.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
No parts are still available for the appliance - the problem is getting technical information. Creda which as you are Im sure aware was part of the Hotpoint Creda Cannon group subsequently bought out be The Indesit Company which has just been bought out by Whirlpool. If I can get hold of a service manual, which I should be able to do we should be good to go. My college and I (as time permits) are trying to find some information and will come back to you as soon as we find or dont the details - Ian
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.
Rob
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician