Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a bwd12 Hot point washer dryer which has stopped

Customer Question

Hi..I have a bwd12 Hot point washer dryer which has stopped spinning ,it goes through all washing process but not spinning
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I read the manual.. Apparently I put over load clothes that has stopped the machine to spin..but now even when I put less load clothes or non..still not spinning
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Overloading the washer wont stop it from spinning. As if it was overloaded all it would do is bang about as it spins. So as the drum isnt turning what you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the back panel.There you will see the belt on the back. Check this is still in place on the motor and pulley wheel as well. If thats fine then you need to remove the motor at the bottom of the drum.Then from there look at the back of the motor. There either side you will see the carbon brushes.Take them out and see if they have worn down to a few mm. If they have then you need to replace them and that should cure the fault from there. So check them out and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards