Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My Zanussi ZDC 37200W won't start, its showing a flashing red

Customer Question

My Zanussi ZDC 37200W won't start, its showing a flashing red light
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: There was a burning smell
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I've taken the dryer out to the garage and seen that the plug socket it was plugged into is burnt
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
Would you kindly let me have the pnc number that is on the rating label in the door frame please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its###-##-####10
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you - is it a moulded plug by chance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is. I replaced the plug and when I switch the dryer on the light on the on button flashes red and the unit beeps
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
OK can you tell me how many times it beeps - gap then same number of beeps? or is it just constant?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, it is three beeps, then a pause, then three beeps, repeating.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me since there are a number of variations if yours has got just leds or a digital display of any sort?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's just LEDs, and a dial for the number of minutes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi can you get back to me on this please.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
When you have a spare hour give me a ping and we can do the self test on the appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm at home now, have time to do test thanks
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
OK give me about an hour still out at work but will be back shortly and we can do the test.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
OK I'm here - if you look at the facia panel you should have on the left the main selector switch then two option switches in the middle and then the start button? (there are 4 versions of you appliance)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes that's it exactly
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
a. Aooliance must be offb. Switch the appliance on by turning the selector switch one position clockwise the -c. wait until the leds light and buzzer sounds and then press the right option button and the start button together and hold in until the leds begin to flash and the buzzer sounds. then come back to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok done
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
Did the leds flash and the buzzer sound - if so now turn the selector knob to position 8 which is 7 more clicks clockwise. it should then indicate the fault by the start led flashing first red count the numbers and then green also cound the numbers and come back to me with whatever they are eg Red 3 green 2 etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was just the normal beep I think, not really a buzzer
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
Beep is probably OK turn it to position 8 and lets see if the start led flashes red and green
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes got it the start light is alternating between red and green and the other lights are alternately going green
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
OK I need you to count the number of red flashes and then the number of green flashes on the start led not worried about the rest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its hard to tell because some of the blinks are red turning green very quickly, whereas others are "normal" blinks. I've video'd it but it was too big to upload. It starts with three red after the beep, then it very quickly turns green with two more greens then a very quick red .. I can map it out, I'll need to watch it in slow motion!
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
OK well start the process again, if you give me your email I will send you the test page and then you can come back to me when you have sorted out the flash numbers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its***@******.***
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
Lets do this another way - I need you to cancel the error code by doing this.a. Turn the programme selector knob clockwise to the 8 position and then press and hold the two right hand buttons for up to 7 seconds. That will clear the memory of the error. Now when you have load available put it in the appliance and run as normal. if a fault is discovered then check the start light which should flash first red followed by a number of flashes lets say 3 red flashes and then green lets say 4 flashes. There will then be a pause and it will do the same again same number of flashes. Once you have established this come back to me and I'll tell you what this means.