UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Pearl, JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, JA: I'll do all...
Hi Pearl,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a Zanussi Jetstream Washing Mach Mod ZWF14380W
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: It does not display an Error Message , just stops on the washing cycle after about 1-2 mins It does this on all wash cycles. It draws off the detergent but not conditioner (it does not operate long enough). Any ideas ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
5/5/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco
Can you give me the pnc number that is in the door frame on the rating lable please - Ian
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HI Ian,Product No.###-##-####Serial No. 903 00043
Type. H1954443
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK if you put it onto a spin cycle will it spin?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes it spins and drains.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK so we know the motor and pump work - do you have a multimeter?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
afraid not.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Afraid not.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK well we need to be able to check the water inlet valves as two are used during fill and if one doesnt work the appliance stalls
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is only 1x inlet which is at a high level. the other valve is the drain.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
On the outside yes there is only one connection but once you take the top of it splits to two.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, taking top off next few mins.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, top off and 2 valves visible.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK have you a means of testing for a voltage - even a mains tester would help.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
afraid no electrical testing equip at all- popping into neighbour to see if can borrow.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Got one now, I'm not electrically proficient so hope this one is working ok.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK what have you got so I know what Im working with?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
A phase tester
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
No good unless it has voltage and resistance measurement capacity?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Afraid not. I'll have to buy equipment in the morning. What do you suggest is best?
Leaving tomorrow for UK, can I pick this up with you again on Tuesday when I return?
Dave
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
All you need is a cheap multimeter that can take Voltage AC and Resistance readings and as a bonus one that has a continuity beeper. Dont go spending a great deal cheapest you can get, we are not too worried about accuracy more about indications.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Thanks very much. Do I just log on again on Tuesday? Is there a ticket number I need?
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
Just log back on and you will be routed to me and we can pick it up from where we left off. - Ian
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Many thanks Ian. Much appreciated.
Dave
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
A pleasure, speak to you soon.
Rob
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician