UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a bosch WTA 74105gb classixx dryer, but it doesnt

Customer Question
Hi, I have a bosch...
Hi, I have a bosch WTA 74105gb classixx dryer, but it doesnt dry the clothes properly. The filter light comes on a flashes. I've cleaned the front filter but I'm assuming its a sensor somewhere? Any thoughts?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
5/2/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Hi When you set it going do you feel any heat at all from it? Regards
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Daniel,Yes it heats up as you would expect with the dryer.thanks
Ty
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Daniel,Any thoughts or questions?Thanks
Ty
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Daniel,any suggestions?Thanks
Ty
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The exhaust sensor is what causes that light to come on. It is mounted on the blower housing. The model you posted is not coming up. Can you please double check that model number?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Kelly,Thank you for coming back to me.The model is: Bosch Classixx E-Nr. WTV74105GB/15 FD 9205 200612.I hope this helps.Thanks
Ty
Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
The NTC sensor is the one that may be having issues. I would recommend you disassemble the entire appliance and clean everything out well. Also, make sure the blower is clean and in good shape. If all is clean and in good order and you still have the same issue, replace that NTC sensor (see attached page). I am uploading the entire service manual for you, it will take a few minutes.
The complete service manual is attached top aid with disassembly and cleaning. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for the response.So in summary, I need to open the tumble dryer, clean it out then replace the NTC Sensor. Is this the correct part: http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/product/SensorNTC/00600157Thanks
Please forgive me, I was going to send you the part link and I did not. Yes, that is the correct part.
That part is what monitors the air temperature and tells the control when to turn the heat on and such. If it send the message that the air is too warm, it is usually a sign that the air flow has diminished, so the control turns the filter light on.
If the air flow can be verified as good, then the sensor is likely at fault. It is possible that the controller has issues but that very, very rarely is the case. Since this NTC works on resistance, make sure all connections are tight and clean, too!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, thanks for your help. I'll test this over the weekend and let you know how I get on.
That sounds good, thank you! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Odd, that is the manual for your exact model. See page 11, the number 1 sensor mounted directly on the element housing. Can you test that one?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Kelly,Sorry for the delay. I'll re-open the tumble at the weekend and let you know how I get one.Thanks
Ty
No worries, thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Kelly,I attempted to do this on Sunday however I couldnt find out where to take it from. Do you have any better instructions?Thanks
Ty
Did you follow the instructions in the service manual I sent for accessing the heater?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but they are not correct. Do you have an alternative?
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco
Hi my name is ***** ***** lets see if we can make any further progress - firstly could you just check the model number for me as I have no record of a WTA74105GB but I do a WTV74105GB ? Many thanks
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK I've re-read all the notes and see that later on in the conversation you did change the model number - however having looked at your correct model and compaired it to the Bosch technical details for your particular model there is not R3 fitted. The manual that my college Kelly supplied is for a range of models so some things are different depending upon specific version. What you can do though is with a multimeter measure the sensors at both the heater assembly ie thermal cutouts and NTC sensors and also the two moisture sensors in the door frame and compare them against the readings listed in the handbook supplied. If they are way out of specification you have found your problem. If not do come back to me. In the meantime would you kindly rate the information recently supplied by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Once again thank you for using JA and come back to me if you require further advice or help.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Ian, thank you for your mesage.Do you have the correct instructions for me to follow to remove and check the NTC sensor?Thanks
Ty
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
OK you have three sensors to look at, two that are actually in the door frame assembly and are mentioned in the supplied manual and the final one which is actually mounted on the heater assembly itself. All the instructions on dissassembly of both are in the supplied service manual. Same place same instructions. So front off to check the once in the door and back of to do the one on the heater. In all cases you will need a multimeter able to measure resistance.
bonzaco
bonzaco
bonzaco