bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a bosch WTA 74105gb classixx dryer, but it doesnt

Customer Question

Hi, I have a bosch WTA 74105gb classixx dryer, but it doesnt dry the clothes properly. The filter light comes on a flashes. I've cleaned the front filter but I'm assuming its a sensor somewhere? Any thoughts?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi When you set it going do you feel any heat at all from it? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel,Yes it heats up as you would expect with the dryer.thanks
Ty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel,Any thoughts or questions?Thanks
Ty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel,any suggestions?Thanks
Ty
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The exhaust sensor is what causes that light to come on. It is mounted on the blower housing. The model you posted is not coming up. Can you please double check that model number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,Thank you for coming back to me.The model is: Bosch Classixx E-Nr. WTV74105GB/15 FD 9205 200612.I hope this helps.Thanks
Ty
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The NTC sensor is the one that may be having issues. I would recommend you disassemble the entire appliance and clean everything out well. Also, make sure the blower is clean and in good shape. If all is clean and in good order and you still have the same issue, replace that NTC sensor (see attached page). I am uploading the entire service manual for you, it will take a few minutes.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The complete service manual is attached top aid with disassembly and cleaning. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the response.So in summary, I need to open the tumble dryer, clean it out then replace the NTC Sensor. Is this the correct part: http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/product/SensorNTC/00600157Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Please forgive me, I was going to send you the part link and I did not. Yes, that is the correct part.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That part is what monitors the air temperature and tells the control when to turn the heat on and such. If it send the message that the air is too warm, it is usually a sign that the air flow has diminished, so the control turns the filter light on.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If the air flow can be verified as good, then the sensor is likely at fault. It is possible that the controller has issues but that very, very rarely is the case. Since this NTC works on resistance, make sure all connections are tight and clean, too!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks for your help. I'll test this over the weekend and let you know how I get on.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That sounds good, thank you! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,I tried to follow the instructions however they appear to be for a Siemens Tumble rather than my Bosch.I've posted images of what I see when I open the 2 from panels. As you can see I dont have any NTC sensor to remove / check in that location.Thanks
Ty
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Odd, that is the manual for your exact model. See page 11, the number 1 sensor mounted directly on the element housing. Can you test that one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,Sorry for the delay. I'll re-open the tumble at the weekend and let you know how I get one.Thanks
Ty
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No worries, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,I attempted to do this on Sunday however I couldnt find out where to take it from. Do you have any better instructions?Thanks
Ty
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Did you follow the instructions in the service manual I sent for accessing the heater?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but they are not correct. Do you have an alternative?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** lets see if we can make any further progress - firstly could you just check the model number for me as I have no record of a WTA74105GB but I do a WTV74105GB ? Many thanks
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
OK I've re-read all the notes and see that later on in the conversation you did change the model number - however having looked at your correct model and compaired it to the Bosch technical details for your particular model there is not R3 fitted. The manual that my college Kelly supplied is for a range of models so some things are different depending upon specific version. What you can do though is with a multimeter measure the sensors at both the heater assembly ie thermal cutouts and NTC sensors and also the two moisture sensors in the door frame and compare them against the readings listed in the handbook supplied. If they are way out of specification you have found your problem. If not do come back to me. In the meantime would you kindly rate the information recently supplied by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Once again thank you for using JA and come back to me if you require further advice or help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, thank you for your mesage.Do you have the correct instructions for me to follow to remove and check the NTC sensor?Thanks
Ty
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.
OK you have three sensors to look at, two that are actually in the door frame assembly and are mentioned in the supplied manual and the final one which is actually mounted on the heater assembly itself. All the instructions on dissassembly of both are in the supplied service manual. Same place same instructions. So front off to check the once in the door and back of to do the one on the heater. In all cases you will need a multimeter able to measure resistance.