UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Tumble dryer wont heat up. And empty water light is on. JA:

Customer Question
Tumble dryer wont heat up...
Tumble dryer wont heat up. And empty water light is on.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Indesit model number IDC8T3B. Thats it. Empty water light is on even though ive emptied it. And it wont heat up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
4/21/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Hi What you will find is the pump chamber is blocked up in there. What you need to do is pull the dryer out.From there look in the bottom right corner and there you will see a white plastic cover.You need to prise this open. Insert a flat bladed screwdriver in there at the top either end and prise it open.Then you need to remove the pump chamber from there.With this out you need to clear all the water in there and remove any build up of fluff as well that will be in there.Then refit the pump in there and set it going.This should turn the water light out and it will start to heat. Then see how it goes. Fingers crossed it was just fluff blocking it and it will be fine. But if it does it again then the pump itself will be faulty and will need to be replaced. Check that out and see what you find as the fault will be as above as we see this fault a lot on these dryers. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Hi Just wondering how you got on with the dryer as the question is still open? Do you need anymore help?If not then could you please remember to rate the answer as that would be great. Many thanks
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician