UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have an error message on my washing machine saying E 12 my

Customer Question
Hello my name is***** have...
Hello my name is***** have an error message on my washing machine saying E 12 my machine has been working fine today and I have never seen this error message before. The machine was due to rinse and sin, can you please give me some advice as it full of water
JA: I'm an assistant to the Appliance Technician. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: Thank you I hope you can give me a resolution to this problem..
JA: Sometimes, Diane, I, appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No it has been working fine all day I have done 3washes today and had no problems.... I'm worried as it is full water....
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Can you post the make and model number of the appliance please.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Zanussi 6h9 1200rpm. Or I have zwg1120m regards Diane
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The machine has been fine today, I have done 3 washes with no problem,
Now I'm getting an error message which says E 12 and the machine is full of water,
it was about to go in to the rinse part of the wash when it started to beep and the a
error was on the screen

Hi

Thanks for that. E12 error code means the washer has overfilled with water.

What you need to do if fixing this yourself is remove the top of the washer and there you will see the pressure switch on the righ hand side. There should be a thin hose going to the bottom of it. Just check this hose is pushed on as in the past ive seen them come off and this will cause the error code you have.

If the hose is still attched then remove it and blow hard down it. Also inspect the hose and check theres no signs of rubbing as if it rubs a hole in it again it will cause this fault.

Check them out if you can and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you I will try this, will you stay here in case that is not what the problem is? Please

Yes i will be online all day till about 8pm tonight so just check that out and post back on here and see what you find.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can not get the top off ....there are no screws or a way to open it .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've tried to use something to leaver it open but it is a complete unit and it attached to the front panel ???

The top is held on by 2 screws at the back.

Look at the very back of the top panel and theres 2 screws there. I think from memory its either a 7 or 8mm socket screw. Remove them both and then you can remove the top panel.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have opened the door letting some of the water out and now it is working

Ok if you set it to a spin only will it drain the water out?

If so then if you retry it on a wash cycle does the error code some back?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have let out some water from the door and the error message has gone. I then put the machine on rinse but it is just making a noise not working ??

Were is the noise comming from?

Is it a humming noise?

Set it to a spin only and see if this drains the water out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is making the noise that is should make when it is working and changing it cycle but it's not doing anything

What about the spin is it draining the water on the spin cycle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Ok if its full of water then in the bottom right corner is the filter.

Open the little door and there should be a small hose.

Pull this out and hang it into a bowl and pop the cap off it and it wll slowerly drain the water out from there.

Once the water is out you need to remove the filter by unscrewing it and pull it out and give it a good clean out.

Then look inside the chamber were the filter goes and at the back in there is a pump impeller X shape. Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming it up.

Once its clear refit the filter and retry the washer on a rinse and spin and see if it fills and drains the water out from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've taken the washing out and got most of the water out, now in put it on drain and it seems to be making a different noise

Ok you need to check the filter as above and see what you find.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now I have an error sign E 21

E21 is a draining fault so you need to check the filter as i have explaned above. Check that and see if the filter or pump is blocked.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open?

If you need anymore info just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer i gave then it will close the question.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician