Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Rangemaster Toledo 90. Whilst using the main oven

Customer Question

I have a Rangemaster Toledo 90. Whilst using the main oven it stopped without warning, now neither oven works, but the grill and hob work fine What has failed and how do I fix it?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

From the sounds of this the thermal cut out on the back of the oven may have failed.

What you need to do if fixing this yourself is pull the oven out and remove the back panel.

From there look on the back of the oven cavity and there you will see the thermal cut out with 2 wires going to it. You need to test this with a multi meter and see if faulty. If so then you need to replace it and that should cure the fault from there.

So check that and see what you find as from the fault you describe its nearly always down to the thermal cut out on the back of the oven.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the appliance as the question is still open?

If not then if you could rate the answer that will close the question for you.

Many thanks