UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Bought flat with an existing InnoWave HF26056GB/02 oven

Customer Question
Bought flat with an...
Bought flat with an existing InnoWave HF26056GB/02 oven which starts then suddenly stops. All lights and programme buttons seem to work but after programme starts light goes out and turntable stops. No heating has taken place. Have I pressed a wrong button? No instruction booklet
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/14/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

To be honest I don't think you have pressed any wrong buttons as they are quite simple to use.

But as you don't have a manual then ive just uploaded the instruction manual for your mode. So click the link below and the English sections starts on page 31.

Have a look at that and double check you are using it correctly.

But if you are then its faulty. For this it can be a number of things in there causing this. Now if you are good at diy repairs and have the tools and multi meters to test this I can talk you through the checks.

If this is something you want to do let me know and I can advise further.

But in the mean time just double check the manual and make sure you are using it correctly first.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tried to re-set using manual but have not sorted the problem. Example is, re-set the clock and 2 dots pulse but numerals do not move on after a minute.
also water and spoon test - water does not heat when set for 1 min at 1000

Ok when you set it to heat the water does it count down and does it make the usual noise still?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
for a few seconds say 20 secs then all shuts down, light goes out etc.

Ok theres a fault in there that's causing this problem here.

Are you looking at fixing this yourself?

Do you have a good set of tools and the test equipment?

If so then you need to remove the microwave from the unit and remove the top covers.

Then before touching anything at all in there you must discharge the high voltage capacitor as they can store up to 4500v even when turned off so that has to be discharged.

Then from there you will see the capacitor, magnetron, transformer, diode and internal fuse.

You need to test all of them with a multi meter and see if any are faulty and if so you need to replace them.

But if they are all fine then you are looking at a control board here.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No not capable of DIY
Really expected you to say it's -- ? the magnetron or whatever and its not or is worth mending. Your answers are too general.

I cannot say its the magnetron without testing it. Theres quite a few parts that can fail inside a microwave so is impossible to say what part it is over the internet. But what ever it will be it will be expensive to fix as nearly all spares for these are expensive.

That's why the answer is so general. I hope you understand all I can tell you is the truth. If you just wanted me to say the magnetron is fault that would have been easy to say but that may not be the correct answer on this.

So as you wont be fixing this yourself then personally I would just replace it rather then fix it as it is an older model so probberly not really worth paying an engineer to call and fix it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK that's better advice especially when you say it's an old model.
Your page popped up just after I accessed Siemens and not having heard of you before I took it that you were by implication associated with Siemen which is quite wrong, almost passing off.

Not sure on how they advertise as I just answer the questions on here. But we are nothing to do with Siemens as this is Justanswer.

But what we do is help people either fix there own appliances or give advice.

And as service engineers we all know about these brands as we are multi branded so we do all makes and models so we can help on all brands.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician