Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I'm ***** *****. Same f-05 flashing. I went to empty the

Customer Question

Hi, I'm ***** *****. Same f-05 flashing.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I went to empty the machine but just opened the door without looking, the water hadn't drained and it won't do a drain/spin cycle. All lights flash and the code F-05 comes up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — UK Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number of the washer please.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wmf720
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that.

F05 error code as you have probberly worked out is a draining error code.

What you need to do on this is remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom.

From there you will see the filter in the bottom right corner.

You need to get a shallow tray under there and slacken the filter and slowerly drain the water out from there.

Once the water is out you can then fully remove the filter and clear out any debris from in there.

Then look inside the chamber were the filter goes and in there at the back you will see the pump impeller X shape. Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming it up.

Once its all clear refit the filter and fingers crossed that cures the fault.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I see the question is still open. Do you still need more help on this? If so just get back to me.

If not then to close the question you just need to rate the answer I gave and that will close the question on this one.

Regards