UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm kachina and it's regarding my tumble dryer. it keeps…

Customer Question
I'm kachina and it's...

I'm kachina and it's regarding my tumble dryer.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It keeps stopping not even 10 minuets into a load and i have no idea why or how to fix it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/13/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If your model has sensor strips, they probably need to be cleaned.

Inside the dryer are two metal strips that sense the moisture in the clothes. The clothing passes over the strips and create an electrical path with the moisture in them. The metal strips sense the resistance in that electrical path and send that resistance reading to the control. The control then reads the resistance reading, interprets the resistance and from that reading determines how long the dryer needs to run. The less moisture in the clothing, the higher the resistance. The problem is that over time, detergent and softener residue builds up on the metal sensor strips and creates an insulating barrier between the strips and the clothing. Since the strips cannot sense the moisture in the clothing because of this barrier, it sends a high resistance reading to the control. The control then interprets that to mean that the clothes are dry and shuts off prematurely. You will need to clean those strips with a Scotch Brite pad, steel wool, sand paper or other abrasive to remove that barrier.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?