Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

There is a flashing red light at the left hand side of my

Customer Question

HI
There is a flashing red light at the left hand side of my SMEG dishwasher. The symbol looks like a sunshine with bro***** *****nes. It is not cleaning the dishes properly either. Have you any idea what this might be?
Charlotte
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I believe that means you need to fill the Rinse Aid dispenser.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI
We don't have the model info or handbook as the dishwasher was given to us by a family friend. I have attached a photo, if this helps? Though the flash has made it look filthy!
It is not cleaning properly either, it won't clean cups or jars etc, anything that has some depth to it. But is fine at cleaning plates.
I topped up the rinse aid and salt only a few days ago when it first started not cleaning properly.
Thanks
Charlotte
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The rinse aid sensor is faulty if the dispenser is full. Is the filter clean at the bottom of the tub so that it is getting the recirculation it needs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have cleaned that too, there was no build up when we took it out.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you open the door mid cycle, is there ample water and is it hot and steamy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We haven't tried that - I will try it on a cycle now
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Okay, it sounds like the main control may have problems, like a faulty heater relay and it may also have something to do with the rinse aid circuit, too. Let me know what you find.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?