UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Got a whirlpool ADG 7750. Beeps about 10 mins into the cycle…

Customer Question
Hi got a whirlpool ADG...
Hi got a whirlpool ADG 7750. Beeps about 10 mins into the cycle and when I open the door the indicator has moved to the rinse position and the other light flashes 4 times between pauses. I've cleaned out the filter and sump and it appears to be pumping all the water out through the drain.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

4 flashes from the start light is a draining error code.

As it is draining out then it may be a faulty pressure switch in the sump thinking its full of water when it isnt. What you can try is take out the filters inside the machine and the big mesh filter. Then look inside the sump bowl and on the right hand side wall you will see a black grid.

What you need to do is pore some boiling water into the sump and then carefully get an old tooth brushs and give this a scrub. But not to hard as it may damage the membrain on it.

Once you have cleaned this out retry the machine and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed this cures it but if its still the same after that then the pressure sensor is more then likely the fault and will need to be replaced on this.

Let me know what happens