UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dishwasher lights 't stay on. When they do stay on and close…

Customer Question
Dishwasher lights don't stay...

Dishwasher lights don't stay on. When they do stay on and close the door after pressing start button, nothing happens. Door hinge doesn't stop door half way down.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Temp light and start line go on and off intermittently we you move the door

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Given the issues with the hinge and the erratic lighting with the movement of the door, I suspect you have a wire that has broken in the harness. The wiring issues like this are usually right where the wire bundle bends around the tub at the bottom of the door. That area is constantly flexing with the opening and closing of the door. Are you able to inspect the wiring in that area?

Hi Kelly the wiring is not visible. The dishwasher is integrated so I don't know if that makes a difference.

It won't be visible, you will need to remove the outer panel from the door or there may be a lower access panel under the door, too.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

CDA-cw494

Thank you. Are you able to remove the door panel for inspection? The inner door has screws all the way around that will need to come off.