Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Belling Countrychef range cooker dual fuel - the fan oven

Customer Question

Belling Countrychef range cooker dual fuel - the fan oven stopped working first, the on light doesn't illuminate, no fan or heat up. The grill has also stopped heating up. Both of these apertures are on the left hand side of the range, the right hand normal oven is working fine. Is there a part/thermostat/fuse/other common to both the fan oven and grill?
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

On the back of the oven there is a thermal cut out. This is basically a small thermostat so if this fails it will stop one half of the oven from working. This could be why you are having this fault.

What you need to do is pull the oven out and remove the back panel.

From there locate the thermal cut out on the back of the oven cavity. Its usually about the size of a 10p and has 2 wires going to it.

Test this for continuity with a multi meter if you have one and if faulty then you need to replace it from there.

Then hopefully that will cure the fault. As for both the oven and grill to stop working on that one side then its more then likely the thermal cut out at fault here.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the appliance as the question is still open?

Do you still need help on this? If so just get back to me.

If not then to close the question you just need to rate the answer by clicking the star ratings at the top of the page.

Regards