UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

E20 fault on an AEG L16810, in tumble unit runs min then…

Customer Question
E20 fault on an...

E20 fault on an AEG L16810

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

In tumble unit runs for 5 min then stops and beeps. rinse light on shows ere code E20

Contractor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Appliance Technician should be aware of?

Like what?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/6/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
HiIs the fault only happening when you use the dryer side only?If so then the fault is a blocked dryer condenser unit.
For this you need to remove the top of the washer and there. You will see the dryer fan motor in the back right corner.
You need to remove the fan motor and under there you will see the dryer condenser. You need to use an old wire coat hanger if you have one and make a hook out of it and push it down there and scoop out all the fluff you can.Once clear refit the fan motor and retry it and that should cure the fault from there.Try that and see what happens. As if it's only showing E20 on dryer side then it's nearly always a blocked dryer condenser chamber here.If you need anymore info just get back to me.Regards
Hi, removed the condenser and cleaned out the gunk. Ran a drying cycle and there was a lot of steam in the drum, tried again in the dying cycle and now I'm getting an E10 fault. The water is on and flowing, checked the front drainage port and all was clean. Why would it need water for a drying cycle? Whats the next step?

Ok E10 is a filling fault. As on the dryer side it puts water into the condenser chamber so if water isn't getting into there then this creates the E10 error code.

If the water supply is turned on then its possibley a faulty water valve here.

If you have a multi meter you can test this.

With the top off look in the back left corner and you will see the water valve.

On there you will see a few coils. Locate the green coil as this is the dryer coil. You need to test this with a multi meter for resistance.

Its around 3.6K ohms - 5.6K ohms. If its faulty then you need to replace the water valve as you cannot buy just the coils themselves as they are sold as part of the valve unless you can find a second hand one.

So test that and see what you find and let me know.

Regards