UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I open the drainage valve at the front of my Hotpoint…

Customer Question
How do I open the...
How do I open the drainage valve at the front of my Hotpoint Ultima Wt721 to unblock (I have Fault Code F-05) please?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/6/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Theres 2 versions of pumps on this model. Theres a front pump and a rear pump depending what version model you have.

To check if its a front filter remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom and see if the filter is there in the bottom right corner. If it is then you need to unscrew the filter and pull it out to clear it.

But if you see a red disc there instead then you have the rear pump.

For this you need to pull the washer out and remove the bottom plastic cover.

There you will see the pump in the bottom right corner.

You will also see a black hose going from the drum to the pump.

Remove the hose from the drum end and in there you will see the filter cup. Remove any debris in there. You may find a ping pong ball in there. Don't worry as that's ment to be there so make sure you pop it back in once cleared out.

Also remove the pump as well and check in there for debris as sometimes small bits can get past the filter and into the pump and jams the pump impeller up and stops the pump from working.

So that's how you clear both types of pumps out for the F05 fault.

But if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician