UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher starts the program then stops.it has wash and…

Customer Question
My dishwasher starts the...

My dishwasher starts the program then stops.it has wash and end lights only flashing

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Starts to fill with water then after a min it stops with the wash and end lights flashing

Contractor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?

Nope thats all it does

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/6/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Can you post the make and model number please.

Regards

hotpoint aquarius fdm550

Thanks for that.

If you have just the wash and end lights flashing then this is a pressure switch problem.

Now for this it can be a few things causing it.

First remove the mesh filter inside the dishwasher and turn it over and give it a good clean out. As these can get slimed up on the underside.

If that's fine then the wash motor can also cause this. As it goes weak and cannot pump the water around the system so this messes the pressure sensor up.

Then you also have the pressure sensor as well which can fail.

So when you set it going once its filled do you hear the wash motor kick in and spray the water around?

If not then this can be a sign then wash motor is the fault as I replace a lot of these motors as they go weak and stop running so its not uncommon for them to fail.

But if the motor is fine and the mesh filter is clean then you need to access the pressure sensor under the dishwasher and give it a clean out or replace and see how it goes from there.

Try the above and see what you find. But for the error code you have this isn't the easyist one to fix as it can be a number of things causing this.

Regards

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the appliance as the question is still open?

Do you still need help on this? If so just get back to me.

If not then to close the question you just need to rate the answer by clicking the star ratings at the top of the page.

Regards