Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
Experience:  UK and Australian appliance repair specialist.
21107370

It keepon frosting not defrosting itself. The compressor at

Customer Question

It keepon frosting not defrosting itself. The compressor at the back is working (hot). how to defrost that.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Hotpoint Future RFA70 is keep on freezinf in freezer compartment. Not defrosting itself. I jus cleaned the water drainer hose in th fridge. Is there any drainer for the freezer compartment if so how do I access that.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: If I can clean the water drainrer hose fully it will help.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. The only way to credit me(APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU) is to make sure you are rating my post not another techs when finished...Thank You!

You have a defrost heater or thermostat issue most likely and a drain iced up. You need to remove the rear BACK INNER FREEZER panel on the unit. Once that is off you can get to the drain pan under the evaporator defrost it with hot water, hair dryer or steamer...that will expose the drain hole. Once exposed used a turkey baster and hot water or a steamer to blast the ice in the line clear. Once you have it clear pour 1.2 cup of hot water down the drain to make sure the drain works then check the heater and defrost thermostat clipped to the evaporator for continuity with a meter. If either reads an open circuit replace that component.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

I see this question is still open on my list, if you did not need anything else all I ask is please use the STAR rating system at the top of your page to rate my service so I can close this out... Thanks