UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Creda gas cooktop burners do not spark. I have to use a…

Customer Question
My Creda gas cooktop burners...
My Creda gas cooktop burners do not spark. I have to use a match to light. where do I get the part I need? Do I need a spark module? Or something else? Where do I find the part?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
3/4/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago
bonzaco

Could you kindly recheck that model number it is not listed on my data base.

I rechecked the model. It is ad I said, GGH180. It is about 18 years old
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK that would explain it, in this 18 years Creda has been absorbed into Hotpoint, then been bought out by Indesit who have now become part of Whirlpool. Support for a product these days is usually between 4-6 years. Let us consider the conundrum. You have got two types of system, one is battery operated and the other main electric operated. Can you tell me if the cooker is connected into the mains electric or do you have to change the igniter battery every now and again, secondly you you have to press a button to get it to spark or is it part of the knob switch arrangement.

I found a Creda appliance repairman in another city close by. Thank you.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

No worries.