UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Hotpoint FF200E. The warning light is beeping

Customer Question
constantly, and although the freezer...
I have a Hotpoint FF200E. The warning light is beeping constantly, and although the freezer is freezing, the fridge has started getting warm.
I defrosted the freezer thoroughly, switching it off for 48 hours and leaving the doors open. Now the freezer is freezing, and the fridge is cool, although not as cool as it should be. And the beeping will not stop!
I can reset it by pressing the two buttons at the top above the door after setting the temperatures controls right down, as recommended on several websites, but within a couple of minutes or so the beeping starts again. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
2/28/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Can you remove the stuff in the freezer and see if the back wall is all frosted up and see if the fan is running in the freezer?

Alas, no improvement. The back wall was removed, and a slab of ice melted with the help f a steam wallpaper stripper. The device was left empty and switched off for four more days, but as soon as it was switched back on the symptoms came back.

The unit is low of freon then, I would advise looking for a new unit.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU