UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My name is ***** ***** and i have a problem with a

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** and i have a problem with a dishwasher a beko dwd5412w

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Yup here goes .....We got this basket case in a few weeks ago when dismantled it was apparent it had a blow out electrically within the control board enclosure ,after metering out all of the components it was found no faults and resistances to motor and heater windings all within tolerance .i even after testing powered up the circulation pump and the drain pump with a separate isolated power supply and they functioned correctly ,I found the flood switch was damaged by previous owner having removed it from the bottom cover and then dragging the machine around on it.I then metered out all the cabling for continuity and insulation tests ,i can only assume the board had become wet and popped as opposed to any other short or faults causing it to blow up .Happy with the results i ordered a replacement new flood switch and (used) control board identical part numbers etc ,Cleaned away the carbon flash residue on the card edge connector for the motor drive cables and tested fitted new flood switch .The machine went through the first drain sequence then filled with water ,stopping at the right level then sits quietly for quite some time before pumping out and re filling ,even though the circulation pump works it does not function in any of the five programs ,the continuity from the motor to the board edge connector is fine as is its common shared neutral/ ground. Confused as to what the problem could be i would like to know if any one else has encountered this issue before ,i suspect the control board personally but have been assured it is a working one .

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
2/28/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

So as you have tested the motor and that works fine then you can rule that out.

One thing here which does happen is the wires in the door loom break.

Remove the outer door panel and there you will see the wires running down the door. Release the harness were it bends down to the underside and check the wires there.

As the wires do like t break in that bend there.

But if the wires are fine as is all the other parts then it does sound like a fault control board. Do you have the part number for the board you have fitted?

Regards