UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm having a problem with my beko washing machine model

Customer Question
Hi Daniel. I'm having a...
Hi Daniel. I'm having a problem with my beko washing machine model wmb81241 lb. I have it on a 39min Eco cycle and it fills up with water but that's it. The digital timer is stuck on 37mins. It just sits there for about 10mins doing nothing then ends the wash and drains. Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/27/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

If you press and hold the start/pause button does it reset the cycle?

If so then set the washer going on a spin cycle and see if the pump runs and the drum turns on this and let me know.

Regards

I held the pause button on and it has set itself to a 90 degree wash. Is that right? Trying a spin cycle now but nothing seems to be happening.

Ok that's not correct as if you hold the start/pause button is should reset the cycle not start a 90 degree wash.

But if you try a spin cycle but nothing is happening then has the washer drained the water out?

If yes but its not doing anything then its possibley worn carbon brushes in the motor.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and have someone hold for you.

Then lie down and look under the washer.

There you will see the back of the motor.

There either side you will see the carbon brushes in the plastic holders. Remove these and check the carbon. If its worn down to about 5mm then they will need to be replaced.

Then retry it and fingers crossed that sorts it from there.

Try that and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Ok thanks. Will have a look tomorrow as I'll need someone to give me a hand.
the water drained

Ok no worries, This may be worn brushes so check them and see what you find.

Hi Daniel. I managed to get what I think you were talking about off. Can you push the carbon in? Is it spring loaded? If so there's about 10mm showing.

That's them they are spring loaded.

10 mm is a bit low still so they will need to be replaced. But try this and see what happens.

Pull the carbon out as far as it goes and refit both back into the motor and then retry it on a spin only and see if the drum starts to turn then. If it does and is crackling and sparking then it is worn carbon which will need replacing,

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the appliance as the question is still open?

Do you need more help on this?

If so just get back to me. If not the if you could remember to click the rating stars at the top that would be great.

Many thanks