UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ive got a fault on the BWD1631 are you able to help? sorry,

Customer Question
Hi there, Ive got...

Hi there, Ive got a fault on the BWD1631 are you able to help?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Sorry, just dropped out. it was tripping the rcd, and so I pulled open the bottom black cover to find the base tray full of water. I could see the thick black hose on the discharge side had come off, so i pulled it out, drained it, re-fitted th hose and am now trying to get it running again. I switches on, but wont run. It defaults to the heavy wash icon and doesnt do much else, any suggestions please?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
2/27/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago
bonzaco

OK I assume the base is still empty of water and you checked that the flood protection device was not jammed in the up position?

saw that, and thats clear now. If I restart the unit with the program button pressed, it goes through its checks, I can hear the pumps works and the waste pipe fill and empty etc, and then it goes back to a dormant state, with the intensive wash led lit.
hello?
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK so you switch it one, then the drain pump comes on for a short while then it starts to fill shortly after this do you get a dull hum or does it actually start to wash?

It starts, washes for around 10 seconds then stops.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

Has the base filled up with water again

No, when I re-installed the hose and put a new clamp on, it fixed that problem. The problem now, must have something to do with the reason it remains with the intensive light on.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

No you get the hum I mentioned earlier? Secondly if you put it on a prewash does it progress further into the program?

no it starts to wash, you can hear the cycle running, sounds normal, runs apparently normal for around 15 seconds, during this time you can also hear and feel it pumping out the waste hose, and then the unit stops, with the intensive light remaining on and nothing happens after. There isn't really a hum that can be heard
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK is it letting in any water to the wash cavity? Which should start shortly after the pump out phase?

Sorry, this wasn't working out for me, with the delay between replies. I've had to pay to get a service technician in. Thanks anyway