UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Problem with candy washer dryer.when washing and it get to…

Customer Question
Problem with candy washer dryer.when...
Problem with candy washer dryer.when washing and it get to second rinse it stops and stain blaster light and 90 minte lights flashing
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
2/26/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

When them lights flash you need to count the number of flashes from them in between the pause and let me know.

Regards

Flashing three times

Thanks for that. 3 flashes is a time out draining error code.

What you need to do is check the filter in the bottom corner of the washer.

Remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom and you will see the filter from there.

You need to slowly drain the water from there and then fully remove it and clear out any debris in there.

Then look inside the filter chamber and you will see the pump impeller X shape. Just check theres nothing jammed up in there and make sure its all clear.

If that's fine then you need to check the waste pipe and were it drains to and make sure that's all clear.

Check that and see what you find as the fault its reporting is a time out draining fault.

Regards

How do you get it out ? Black thing with white round thing next to it?

It normally unscrews.

On some models theres a small screw in there which you need to remove then you can unscrew the filter anti clockwise.

There is a black hole but can't see screw?

If theres no screw there then it should just unscrew anti clockwise.

Sometimes it can be very tight so you may need to use a pair of pliers to do this.

Is it the big black bit am screwing or the little white thing next to it?sorry to be a pain!

Can you post a picture of the part you see?

If not then do you have the model number please?

Any suggestions?

Looking at the picture as the end cap of the filter come off?

the white bit come off

Ok that white bit will have been attached to the black part.

What you need to do is with a pair of pilers hold the centre of the black part and pull it forwards and it should come out.

If it doesn't then theres something stuck in there jamming it up.

In this case you will need to pull the washer out and lean it backwards and remove the pump from under the washer completely and then you should be able to clear it out from there.

OK will try that thank you

No worries, Let me know how it goes.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the appliance as the question is still open?

Do you need more help on this?

If so just get back to me. If not the if you could remember to click the rating stars at the top that would be great.

Many thanks