UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We can't close the door on our Siemens SN65M031GB/18

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, my name...

Hi Pearl, my name is ***** ***** close the door on our Siemens SN65M031GB/18 dishwasher. We have checked that there's nothing obstructing the trays sliding all the way in or the door. We wonder whether it might be the child lock although we don't know how to turn this on and off. There is a funny latch inside the top of the dishwasher but we don't know what it should look like and we've fiddled with it to no avail. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you ready to speak with the Appliance Technician now?

Yes, thanks Pearl.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
2/24/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

If you model has a child lock then its a sliding latch sticking out between the door and the top of the dishwasher. Now to be honest I don't think your model as the lock as its not showing it on the service info.

If the door isn't closing then its more the likely the door latch that's flipped back.

To reset this you need to pull the dishwasher half way out from under the unit.

There on top you will see the latch unit. If its flipped back you need to reset it and then the door will close.

Once you have it pulled out you will see if it flipped back as you will be able to make it out.

Then with it reset that should allow the door to close as normal from there and work fine.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Thanks. We can't pull out the dishwasher tonight as its bracketed in place and we don't have a torx screwdriver to remove the brackets. Will have a go tomorrow and get back to you if it isn't the door latch.

No worries that's fine.

Hi there, I was in touch yesterday and the technician suggested that our dishwasher door latch might have flipped back. I've pulled out the dishwasher and i can't see anything on top that would have flipped back...? A description would help please.

The door latch is in the middle of the dishwasher on the very top.

Its like a U clip on there which hooks onto the door pin.

If you cannot see it then post a picture of the top of the dishwasher and I will be able to point it out for you from there.