UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

There is a large build up of ice on the vents at the bottom…

Customer Question
There is a large build...
There is a large build up of ice on the vents at the bottom of the freezer and the fridge stops working.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/24/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Can you post the make and model number please.

Regards

Leisure HJA6100

Thanks for that.

On this what it will be is a blocked drain hole which is causing this.

What you need to do is empty the freezer and from there you need to remove the back cover. This is just clipped in so you need to pull it out from the bottom upwards and bend up to about half way and have some one hold for you.

From there you will see the ice build up at the back towards the bottom. You need to remove the ice from there and there you will see the drain hole. You need to pore boiling water down there and then get something flexible and push it down there and clear out the blockage.

Once its clear test it by poring water in there and make sure it drains away ok.

Then refit the rear panel and that should cure the fault from there for you and stop the ice building up in there.

Regards

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the appliance as the question is still open?

Do you need more help on this?

If so just get back to me. If not the if you could remember to click the rating stars at the top that would be great.

Many thanks