UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Grill not working on zanussi fan oven.new grille has been…

Customer Question
Grill not working on zanussi...
Grill not working on zanussi fan oven.new grille has been installed but still not working. Model is ZOB 330X
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
2/24/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Is the oven still working?

When you turn the grill on and the thermostat does the little red thermostat light come on?

Regards

Hi yes oven ok and all lights coming on as normal

Thanks for that.

If the grill isn't working but the thermostat light is coming on then its either the small thermostat at the back or the selector switch at fault here.

What you need to do is pull the oven out and remove the back panel.

There you will see a small thermostat with 2 wires attached to it. You need a multi meter and test this for continuity. If faulty then you need to replace it.

But if that's fine then its more then likely the selector switch. This is the part you turn to select the oven and grill.

Remove the top panel and there you will see the switch.

Check this and see if theres signs of burning on there. Check the brass bars as some times these burn and it stops the power going to the grill element.

If this has burnt then you need to replace it and that will cure it.

Check them and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Ok will do the thermostat switch was changed at same time as grille so it must be the selector switch too. It seems strange that it should all have gone wrong??

If the thermostat was changed already then you are left with the selector switch.

Now if the grill element had blown then this can take out the selector switch as well as ive seen it before as its only thin brass bars so a blown grill element can take the selector switch out.

So check that and see what you find as if the grill and thermal cut out are both new then all that's left is the selector switch.

Regards

I've ordered selector switch and should have it fitted early next week once delivered will let you know

Ok no worries.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician