UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Im sachin. I have siemans fridge freezer the ice maker has…

Customer Question
Hi, im sachin. I...

Hi, im sachin. I have siemans fridge freezer the ice maker has stopped working. the freezer i thought was not cold enough relative to the temp on the display. I switched on and off and it seems that is ok. but no ice.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The fridge was working fine.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
2/24/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The freezer must be at least -12 for the ice maker to cycle. I suspect the temperature might be warmer than that. Do you have an external thermometer to test the temperature?

I will check tomorrow and confirm. It seems pretty cold and food is frozen.

Okay, also check that the tube that the water flows from to fill the maker is not frozen shut. Let me know what you find.

Hi it's below 12 and don't think the tube is frozen
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Below 12 or colder than -12? If there is ice waiting to be dumped, then the ice maker itself is likely faulty. If no ice in ice maker mold, then the water fill valve is likely faulty.

Kelly, Appliance Technician