Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I defrosted my freezer recently but now it doesn't seem to

Customer Question

Hello. I defrosted my freezer recently but now it doesn't seem to be getting cold enough. I've turner the temperature dial up to 4. I've been reading and they suggest turning it off and on again so I'll try that tonight. Also I don't seem to have a fast freeze button. Can you tell me where this might be.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Could you give me the manufacturer and model number please # *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm away from home at the moment and I'm not sure. It was here when we moved in. If they have distinguishing marks or things I know it quite well.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK when you get back home let me know what you find, unfortunately there are various ways that each manufacturer controls their freezers so the model number is ***** importand.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's definitely a hotpoint. I'll have a look for the number. Would it be on the freezer it's self anywhere?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

It should be stuck on a label, usually in the fridge cavity

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
The model number is *****
The other numbers on the label say 06100737, R134A
Is there a quick freeze? Or any obvious way to get my freezer working again?
Thanks for your help!
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK on this model there is no fast freeze (quick freeze) as should you forget to switch it off then likely you would freeze everything up in the fridge too. Can you confirm that the compressor (motor) is running at the back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fridge freezer is cramped in a corner so I can't easily get to the back. I turned it off for 10 minuets yesterday and when I turned it back on it made a whiring noise but I can't hear anything now. It's very quiet.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK turn it off again and tell me after letting it cool down if you can hear a clicking a short while after you turn it back on again? Give it 15 minutes or so before you switch it back on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try it tonight and let you know tomorrow! Thanks
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK no worries, I'll be around in the morning or the evening tomorrow.