UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I defrosted my freezer recently but now it doesn't seem to…

Customer Question
Hello. I defrosted my...

Hello. I defrosted my freezer recently but now it doesn't seem to be getting cold enough. I've turner the temperature dial up to 4. I've been reading and they suggest turning it off and on again so I'll try that tonight. Also I don't seem to have a fast freeze button. Can you tell me where this might be.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
2/23/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago
bonzaco

Could you give me the manufacturer and model number please # *****

I'm away from home at the moment and I'm not sure. It was here when we moved in. If they have distinguishing marks or things I know it quite well.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK when you get back home let me know what you find, unfortunately there are various ways that each manufacturer controls their freezers so the model number is ***** importand.

It's definitely a hotpoint. I'll have a look for the number. Would it be on the freezer it's self anywhere?
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

It should be stuck on a label, usually in the fridge cavity

Hi
The model number is *****
The other numbers on the label say 06100737, R134A
Is there a quick freeze? Or any obvious way to get my freezer working again?
Thanks for your help!
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK on this model there is no fast freeze (quick freeze) as should you forget to switch it off then likely you would freeze everything up in the fridge too. Can you confirm that the compressor (motor) is running at the back?

The fridge freezer is cramped in a corner so I can't easily get to the back. I turned it off for 10 minuets yesterday and when I turned it back on it made a whiring noise but I can't hear anything now. It's very quiet.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK turn it off again and tell me after letting it cool down if you can hear a clicking a short while after you turn it back on again? Give it 15 minutes or so before you switch it back on.

I'll try it tonight and let you know tomorrow! Thanks
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK no worries, I'll be around in the morning or the evening tomorrow.