UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Dear Techdesy Sorry - Dear Techdesk I have S5443X1GB/12 Neff…

Customer Question
Dear Techdesy Sorry...

Dear Techdesy Sorry - Dear Techdesk I have S5443X1GB/12 Neff Dishwasher which has doesn't come On when on/off switch is pressed. I have tested to be sure electrical fuse in socket is good.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well, it was working perfectly well. Once while it was functioning, I accidentally switched its (ring main) fuse off and on. Even after that it continued to work. But it doesn't work today

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
2/20/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago
bonzaco

OK a couple of things first, can you confirm that the appliance is connected in to a fused spur or via the 13 amp plug. Secondly are there any signs of life at all, any blinking led etc.

Dear bonzaco, like I already stated in my question, there is no sign of life (no blinking led etc.) when I press On/Off switch. I have checked the 13amp fuse and it is working perfectly fine. Do you have a better suggestion?
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

Initially two areas to look at, firstly are you getting power to the on/off switch and if so is the door switch working correctly ? You will need a mains tester or multimeter to check.

Using power sensor I can see no indicator of electricity around power on/off switch. Unfortunately I don't have multimeter.
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK in that case copy and past the following link into you browser -- http://www.neff.co.uk/store/sparepart/finder/detail/S5443X1GB/12#/tab-spare-section-3

go to page 5 and find item 483581 which is the main lead and suppressor circuit, check that you have power to this point and come back to me. If you dont then you have a problem with the mains supply.

Thank you bonzaco. I have looked at reference page and found 483581. However, I don't understand where this part is located. Can you help understand it's location?
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

If you follow the mains cable it going into a rectangular box at the back of the appliance. It is possible with a bit of fiddling which includes lifting a locking flap to move the box sideways and it then unclips from the base and you can see the mains suppressor on the inside. So rear back and fiddle, its not easy I might add.