bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a Siemen TXL 733. Water is leaking and I suspect pipe

Customer Question

I have a Siemen TXL 733. Water is leaking and I suspect pipe to water reservoir is blocked. I cant figure out how to get the panels off to get access. Any advice?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Rather than talk you through this watch this Youtube clip by college Kev Old which shows you how to go about the repair.

Would you now kindly rate the info given by using the star rating system at the top of the page. Thank you for using JA and have a great day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvrAlAqICIQ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but that is a different model of drier. Mine doesn't have the screws in the front where he is removing screws in the video. For example, front left behind the water reservoir drawer, i have the recess he is pointing at but it is blanked off, no screw in it and no screw hole. I removed the two screws at the back but the top panel is still securely fixed and I cannot see where to get access to the screws to release it
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the full ENr for you product, this is not the model number but a number letter combination that gives me the full specification rather than a range that you have supplied. Its in the door recess.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E-Nr. WTXL733CGB/07 FD 8501 200417
Ok, I got the top, sides and rear panel off. This is all about trying to solve a water leak. I am assuming pipe from pump to top water reservoir blocked but it might not be that. I can see the pipe but cannot access the lower end. Where next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a photo of bottom of black pipe going down behind belt drive and into pump. How do I get at pipe and pump to clean them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I got the pipe off. Are you still there? I'm on my own here mate 🙂 The pipe is clear so not the cause. I did find the drain pipe was blocked from the back of the compartment that holds the water reservoir drawer. Maybe that was the issue, but not sure what that drain is for?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK what you have to do is run it and try and see where the leak is, it can be from condenser to reservoir or from the pump to the water tank, but it can also be that there is a leak of high temperature air/steam that is leaking out and hitting the base or side panel. What you need to be looking for is some staining of water or the white residue of where water has been. Usually its obvious but sometimes you need a torch to pick it up. The fact that you have found a blocked pipe is good because if the pump is trying to pump against a blockage the increased pressure will cause a leak. Make sure you also check that the pump itself can move freely and isn't blocked up with fluff too.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't get any further with this. I can't get to any more of the components to find whether there is a leak. It's impossible to get to the pump without totally taking apart everything. I will run it for a while to see whether the blocked drain pipe I found was the cause. That was just a drain though from the top water tank.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to my world, the two most difficult appliances to work on when you have a leak, condenser dryers and dishwashers. Come back to me when you've done a test.