UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Rob - I have Tecnik SE6TIE2GB/50 and the water is not being…

Customer Question
Rob - I have...

Rob - I have Tecnik SE6TIE2GB/50 and the water is not being pumped away. I have checked outlet pipe - it was full of water so checked ubend trap and drain out side. All were clear. I have removed micro filters in DW and the cover to pump blades. All seem clear and I have cleaned all around the area and replaced pump cover. The pump blades did not spin freely; if anything the pump was a bit juddery. I have tried rinse cycle again and bottom of DW is full off clean water! Nothing pumped away - I left outlet pipe open into a bucket. Conclusion = DW needs new pump so (i) would you agree?, (ii) is it easy to replace? and (iii) where to get pump + any advice on how to replace pump? and

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Rob - I have Tecnik SE6TIE2GB/50 and the water is not being pumped away. I have checked outlet pipe - it was full of water so checked ubend trap and drain out side. All were clear. I have removed micro filters in DW and the cover to pump blades. All seem clear and I have cleaned all around the area and replaced pump cover. The pump blades did not spin freely; if anything the pump was a bit juddery. I have tried rinse cycle again and bottom of DW is full off clean water! Nothing pumped away - I left outlet pipe open into a bucket. Conclusion = DW needs new pump so (i) would you agree?, (ii) is it easy to replace? and (iii) where to get pump + any advice on how to replace pump?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
2/18/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago
bonzaco

Do you have a multimeter or mains tester?

UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK the pump is located in the base of the appliance as you know, set you multimeter at 250 volts AC or above and stick the probes in the end of the pump connectors that were connected to the pump. Make sure they are not able to short out and then switch the appliance on, as you are aware the first few seconds are pump out. Just start the cycle and see if there is voltage at the end of the cables. Take care dont want you electrocuted.