Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The machine partly filled - about a litre or so then

Customer Question

Hi, The machine partly filled - about a litre or so then stopped. We have emptied it but I propose taking it out of the built-in cupbard tomorrow morning as it is too late now to get any parts it may need. I suspect the inlet solenoid may be stuck but it could be a blocked filter. Water here is almost perfect, neither hard nor soft. Can I get back to you tomorrow morning?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The solenoid has indeed likely failed. Do you hear it humming or buzzing when it should be filling?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While the machine is filling there is a slight humming from the area of the inlet. After the error message appears all I can hear from the inlet area is a slight gurgling sound - nothing like a solenoid trying to operate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, model number is ***** P21 then we also have HY9213AS.09 and serial number HYNLAVE 0610 00373
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On reflection, forget it. You may possibly confirm what I thought already and I go out and get a (possibly correct) solenoid at some expense and fit it to an old machine. I'll just buy a new dishwasher - probably not a Hyundai.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I would agree with the decision to replace it, thank you.