UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Same problem just a loud electrical buzz whatever program.

Customer Question
It's not the pump or...
Same problem just a loud electrical buzz whatever program. It's not the pump or a blocked drain
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
2/15/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago
bonzaco

Would you kindly let me have the manufacturer, model number and what is your actual problem please.

Smeg mod: DI612CA9
Sn:###-##-####1
Has stopped pumping out, emits a loud electrical noise on any function or cycle.
I have pulled out from unit and tipped forward as i know this can reset, this did not work.
All drains are clear.
Any combination of cycle buttons re-set?
Any ideas?
Sorry, I just saw I said ;
"It's not the pump,"
it may be the pump £ how much to replace the pump ?
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

The base of this appliance comes off which will allow you access to the drain pump, as its going to cost you about £50 for the pump and likely £50+ for the labour it might be worth having a quick look?

Rob
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician