UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Same problem as quoted. Freezer Ok. Fridge not working.

Customer Question
Hi I am Stan...

Hi I am Stan Boyle. Same problem as quoted. Freezer Ok. Fridge not working. Since I had it it as made various noises. Banging, humming, buzzing. Model Indesit BIAA 12P. 15 months old.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well as stated fridge section not working. Various different noises since bought. Door light OK. Freezer OK.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
2/12/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

If the freezer is fine but the fridge isn't then it will be the panel inside the freezer all iced up causing this fault.

What you need to do is unplug it and empty the freezer.

From there remove the screws holding the back cover on.

Then in the top left corner you will see a cover over the wiring, Unclip this and disconnect the wires to the fan motor in the back panel.

Now you need to remove the screws holding the fan on and try and remove it from there. If it wont move then pore hot water in there as the ice will be stopping it.

Then once the fan is out you can melt the ice around this.

Then melt all the ice in the plastic panel.

Then refit it all and retry it and im sure this will cure the fault. This is a vey common fault on these as we get this fault a lot on these. So do this an im sure that will cure it from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards