UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Smeg oven and clock display have suddenly stopped

Customer Question
working. There is power to...
Our Smeg oven and clock display have suddenly stopped working. There is power to the oven but nothing will turn on. The ignition spark still works on the gas hob. The model is SCB 91 MFN 5. Please could you advise on what the problem might be.
Many thanks, ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
2/10/2016
UK Appliance Technician: johnnn40, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
johnnn40
johnnn40, Home Appliance Technician

The problem may be a faulty control board, but before replacing the part, try unplugging the oven or switching it off at its breaker for 30 minutes, to see if the board will reset itself, and start working properly.

In the meantime, I'll search for parts information for you, and I'll get back to you.

If you need to replace the control board, go to www.parts4appliances.com, type your model number into their search box, and scroll down to the sixth row of parts photos. In the far right photo, you'll find your control board.

Thank you for choosing JustAnswer.

Do you need any further assistance, before your request times out?