UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Jltdc09 tumble dryer and switch it on to any

Customer Question
program then press start and...
I have a Jltdc09 tumble dryer and switch it on to any program then press start and nothing but erroneous screen and start flashing red. Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
2/4/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the electronic c0ontrol has problems. Unplug the appliance for at least 4 hours to reset the electronics. Make sure the neutral connection and earth connection are secure at the outlet. Any change when power is restored?

No was unplugged overnight and no change. Can I put it into a fault finding function?

Not if the display is acting strange. I suspect there is an issue with the grounding or the neutral. When it programs fine but then acts up when start is pressed, that usually indicates a loose connection.

I switch it to a program and is fine then press start display flashes err and red light flashing on start button3 times

Okay, that is different if err displays. Your initial post stated "erroneous screen," I apologize for the confusion.

If an incorrect option is selected, the red pilot light

for the Start/ Pause button flashes 3 times and the

message Err is displayed for about 2 seconds.

Found problem was wires Going from door micros with to board and 1 had got hot from bad connection and broken so spade terminalled them and is good! Thanks for help!:)

Great, glad you got it going, nice work!