UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Indesit dishwasher isn't working. It's an IDL 40. After…

Customer Question
Hi, I'm Tim. My...

Hi, I'm Tim. My Indesit dishwasher isn't working. It's an IDL 40. After about 10 seconds, the first and third lights flash simultaneously. It doesn't seem like any water is getting into the machine. I've tried it on all four programs but none of them work.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Not really, that's about it. I've taken out the filter in the machine and cleaned it but that didn't solve the problem.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/3/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago
bonzaco

First thing to do is get a kettle of boiling water, remove the filters and pour the boiling water into the sump that was directly below the filters, leave for about 5 minutes and then pump it out.

I poured the boiling water in, left it for 5 mins and then ran the machine on cycle 1 - it stopped after about 10 secs at the same point as usual, with buttons 1 and 3 flashing. Now I have dirty water in the bottom of the machine - how should I pump this out, please?
OK, I've managed to pump the water out - what now, please?
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK error 1 & 3 indicate that there is a problem with the pump out - that is either it is taking too long to pump out, a pipe is blocked or the pressure sensor pipe is blocked. I want you initially to keep trying to get it to pump out by using boiling water, the fact that you have dirty water confirms that drain water is coming back into the machine. how have you got the drain hose connected?

UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

Do you require further assistance?