UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My name is ***** ***** Myall. I have a Neff S51E50X1GB/07…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** Myall. I have a Neff S51E50X1GB/07 dishwasher showing "check water supply" light. All filters are clean, normal 2 bar water pressure, no pipe kinks, drain tray underneath is dry, lifting float on this makes no difference. I am retired Electrician, so no t afraid of electrics. Any thoughts on the problem please?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Machine is almost 4 years old, has been fine until a few days ago when water check light came on. Machine will run partway into the 65 degree cycle, then stop with water check light on. The light does not come on if I run the rinse and hold cycle.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
2/3/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the water inlet valve may be faulty. When it should be filling, do you hear the valve humming or buzzing?

No, it's silent. Water seems to be entering via the valve at the normal rate, and I've already checked the filter in the valve inlet (It's completely clear), so no apparent problem there. The leak tray in the base is dry, and the drain pump starts ok when I lift the float, no change in the "Check water" light when I do this. All inlet pipework on the left side of the machine is clean and clear, so nothing obvious there, and water appears to flow in normally on starting the machine.

Very odd, like the flow meter in the plastic tank on the left side of the tub may be having issues with the monitoring of the water. Are its connections clean and secure? The service manual for your model is available below. I figured with your obvious competence and skill set it may save you time by allowing you to proceed at your own pace without having to wait for my response. You are about 7 hours ahead of me, I am in Montana, USA.

CLICK HERE

Unfortunately, clicking on the blue "Click Here" logo below your reply does not produce a service manual (or indeed anything else!). I am using an iMac rather than a Windows machine, and I am aware that there are sometimes issues with downloading some items with Mac's. I will have a look at the flow meter if/when I am able to locate it, but presently all connections i have previously checked appear sound. When you refer to the 'plastic tank', are you meaning the salt container, or perhaps the clear plastic inlet assembly on the left side of the machine (the one with a reed switch in it)? If I can't access the service manual, could you be more precise with location/description of parts as this would assist me greatly.
Thanks.

The inlet assembly on the left has the flow meter in it. It is more toward the right side and not quite midway up. It is a small wheel that turns as water flows through to create magnetic pulses that the control then "counts" to determine water is entering. The link does work fine, it is that you are on a Mac that it is not working. If you can go directly to a URL address, it is below.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/bx6d6xdbd0p11r1/S51E50X1GB_Service_Manual.pdf