UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a hotpoint bwd129, it stopped working midway through…

Customer Question
I have a hotpoint bwd129...
I have a hotpoint bwd129, it stopped working midway through cycle. Buttons 2 and 4 were flashing. I looked it up and says pump/ filter could be blocked. I drained excess water, removed filer and checked the pump was turning. All looked fine but still have problems
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/31/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

If you set the washer to a spin only do you hear the pump at the bottom running?

If not then do you hear a humming noise coming from it?

Regards

I hear a humming noise

Ok the humming noise is the pump trying to turn.

Just double check theres nothing stuck in the pump impeller jamming it up.

Remove the filter again and look in there at the back at the impeller X shape, Check theres nothing caught up in there and that it can turn ok. It should ping round in stages.

If that's all clear and the pump still isn't running then the pump itself is the fault and will need to be replaced here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

If you need anymore help on this just get back to me.

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks